Wednesday 17 August 2016

My Pokemon Go adventure

I was going through the App Store on my phone on 4 August 2016 and I stumbled across the Pokemon Go app. As I wasn’t sure what the craze was all about, I decided to give it a try and downloaded it. I tried to enter into the app but I was told to sign in with my Google account. It was past midnight and I decided to let my brain rest and went to bed instead.

On 6 August 2016, I didn’t know it was the official launch of Pokemon Go in Asia. I was walking my Gummi Bear at Desa Parkcity and playing with Salaree and that’s when I discovered so many people playing with Pokemon.

I realized that I had downloaded the app and decided to sign in. Obviously, I didn’t know how it worked and it was trial and error for me. I just follow the instructions on my mobile screen.

So Day 1, obviously the app allowed you to catch your very first Pokemon, i.e. Bulbasaur. Thereafter, I was just looking around, trying out all the buttons that it allowed me to press. So, when I saw more Pokemon appearing, what I did was I took a photograph of it, thinking that it will be dropped and registered into my so-called album, Pokedex.

My 1st Pokemon catch
Mummy is playing Pokemon Go
Both of them getting super bored while waiting for me catching Pokemon
On Day 2, call me stupid, lame, I continued to take pictures of the Pokemon and not knowing how to use the Pokeball. I didn’t know that you have to throw the Pokeball to capture those Pokemon that you saw. So Salaree went swimming and I was looking for the Pokemon at my condo’s swimming pool and what I did was snap a picture, until I wondered how come all those Pokemon was not inside my collection album, Pokedex and I’m not going up a level, when all my friends are already in Level 6?

Stupid me for taking picture of Pokemon instead of catching them

Stupid me for taking picture of Pokemon instead of catching them

While waiting for my students to arrive



Then I realized, “Oh Shit”, you must throw the Pokeball to catch the Pokemon!!! I didn’t know what the stupid ball was at first. I was so disappointed as I’d seen so many Pokemon that I did not capture. Worst still, I activated my incense to lure more Pokemon to me. Oh well…….I guess other Pokemon hunters benefited from my incense. I did go back to the swimming pool to try and capture the Pokemon I saw earlier, but of course, not all of them were there. Worse still, I used up all my Pokeballs!!! What should I do next?

There were tips in the app so I decided to read it. Now, everything makes sense to me. You need to go to the PokeStop and get your Pokeballs and other items from it. Oh well………………

Day 3, no such thing as giving up, during lunch time, I made sure my Pokemon app was on all the time and I discovered a place where there are lots of Pokemon. As I was queuing up to buy my lunch (Nasi Ayam Kunyit) at the food truck in front of HSBC, there were so many Pokemon appearing at the same time and I was like “OH MY GOD”!!! I just continued to capture each and every one of them and all of the sudden; I’m already Level 3.         

By Day 4, I was already Level 6 as I went back to the same spot during lunch time to capture all my Pokemon. Then at night, my husband and I decided to walk to KLCC park and capture more Pokemon. It was to our surprise that there were hundreds of youngsters all busy catching as well. I was there for about 3 hours and joined in the fun as well.

Now, Day 7, I’m in Team Mystique (blue) and Level 10. And still catching……….  

Lesson to be learnt, read all the tips before you play, otherwise you'll end up like me being STUPID!! Hopefully, no longer stupid when choosing team and battle my Pokemon.


No comments:

Post a Comment