Wednesday 10 August 2016

Acme Bar & Coffee (ABC) – 10 August 2016

My husband decided to bring me to ABC for lunch to celebrate my birthday. This was our 2nd time here. We were here a few years back when it was first opened.

This restaurant is situated at the side of Troika condominium.  

Entrance to ABC
We had a reservation at 1.30pm. As we entered, it was busy and we were ushered to our table. The place was nicely decorated with colourful shaped papers at their windows and bar. The colourful papers were similar to their colourful menu, Samba Samba Paradise Season.






Playing with the coasters while waiting for my food

There was Asian and Western food, but mostly Western food. These were the dishes that we ordered:-

   

Grilled Marinated Lamb Shoulder in Spicy Kicap Sauce – RM57.00
The portion was very huge with fries and lots of peas. Best to share with another person. The lamb was nicely marinated with spicy kicap sauce. Although it was mentioned spicy, however, it was not spicy for me and it was a kind of sweet and slightly salty sauce. The lamb was very tender and juicy. I highly recommend this dish.




Chicken bowl rice with Miso soup – RM29.00
This was a Japanese dish. The texture of the rice was like sushi rice (sticky), with fried chicken strips, fried onions, pickled radish, sunny-side egg, shredded seaweed and edamame. Once you mix it together with its Japanese sweet soya sauce (inside the bowl of rice), the taste is really nice. Again, quite a big portion for me and I had to request for a doggy bag.


Sizzling Brownie and Oreo ice-cream – RM19.00
I must say this must be their specialty dessert. I loved it the first time I was there and I ordered it again. A hot square brownie on a hot plate, together with 1 scoop of ice-cream, topped with a small slice of strawberry. The waiter will then pour the hot chocolate sauce onto the brownie and I watched it sizzle. Let the brownie cool down before you eat your brownie with ice-cream, otherwise the hot brownie will burn your tongue.   



Sizzling Soft Baked Chocolate Cookie with orange vanilla sauce – RM 17.00
The chocolate cookie was alright. It was the same concept as the sizzling brownie; the waiter will pour the orange vanilla sauce onto the cookie. I ate it together with the orange vanilla sauce but I didn’t really like the sauce. To me, it just tasted funny and I don’t think I will order this dessert again. I still love my sizzling brownie.



Shaken Honey Lemon – RM17.00 and Fresh Orange – RM19.00
A must order for the Shaken Honey Lemon as it was super refreshing! The fresh orange was just ordinary.



Long Black Coffee – RM13.00

The service in this cafe was alright. A nice and cozy place to enjoy your meal and afternoon tea.


The details of the cafe and bar:

Acme Bar & Coffee  
Ground Floor, The Troika
19, Persiaran KLCC
50450 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: 03- 2162 2288; Fax : 03- 2164 3722
Opens daily
Weekdays – 11 am to 12am
Sat & Sun – 9.30am to 1am
* Best to call to make a reservation as the restaurant is always quite busy


No comments:

Post a Comment