Wednesday 31 August 2016

Ben’s – 31 August 2016

We were in Suria KLCC as I needed to shop. I had birthday vouchers and it was the last day to use them. But before we went shopping, I needed to fill my tummy with salad and decided on Ben’s as I love the salads there.

The entrance to Ben's. They used to have a bicycle but have removed it.
This was not our 1st visit, in fact we've made several visits since it opened its doors back in 2011 at KLCC and the food never disappoints me, except for 1 occasion when I ordered rice and Assam stingray fish; the fish was not fresh and tasted rotten, and I had to request for change for another dish. They have since removed that dish from the menu.   

Check out the menu. The price has indeed gone up from the last time I visited the cafe.



These were the dishes that we ordered:-
 
Roasted Chicken Pie with béchamel, leeks, onion and thyme in a puff pastry casing served with a side of house salad and hand-cut potato chips – RM30.00

The portion was reasonable; served with salad and shoestring french fries (I did not get the hand-cut potato chips as mentioned in the menu). The pastry was freshly baked with pieces of juicy chicken. One cut on the pie and you can hear the crispy crust sound. The house salad comes with lettuce, cherry tomato and nuts together with its own house dressing, and tasted good.

Steak Frites -250 gram Black Angus striploin, mountain of fries and drenched with beef jus – RM78.00

This portion was also reasonable. My husband requested for the steak to be rare. The steak was juicy and chewy as how you like it for rare steaks and with the beef juice, it was just perfect. 

Ben’s House Salad mesclun mix of lettuce, baby spinach, arugula, avocado, cherry tomatoes, edamame and 7 seed mix tossed through our signature house dressing – RM20.00
Every time when I’m at Ben’s, this is the salad that I never failed to order. I remember it used to be RM16 and the price has increased. It was still made the way I like it. Surprisingly, the top shredded vegetable was actually green apple. I’m not complaining as it still tasted very nice as the way I like my salad to be.   

Lemonaid and Lychee Lime Frosty – RM12.00 each

Both drinks were very refreshing indeed.

The service in this cafe was alright. It used to be small but they have extended the café to cater for more diners. A nice place to enjoy your meal, if you don’t mind the noise as it’s always busy, anytime of the day. Overall, the food was good and the price is towards the high end. Will I come back? Yes, of course. Any food you order, it tastes good and worth your money even though it's expensive.    

The section where they make your drinks and the dessert counter
Dining area
Dining area
The details of the cafe:

Ben’s  
Lot 140, 1st Floor, Suria KLCC
Kuala Lumpur City Centre
50088 Kuala Lumpur
Tel & Fax: 603-2163 1655
Opens daily from 10.00a.m-10.00p.m.


No comments:

Post a Comment