Saturday 3 September 2016

Diva Dash Run KL 2016



  • 3 September 2016
  • Padang Merbok, Kuala Lumpur   
  • Flagged off at:-
7.15a.m. for 12km
7.30a.m. for 6km

  • Price – RM48.39 (inclusive of transaction fee of RM3.39)
  • Race Pack – None. Just Pink t-shirt and registration bib
  • Goodies – Medal and a bun  

For the first time, I missed out on the collection of the running pack, so the organiser decided to have another one (unofficial) at Padang Merbok, the day before the run. So the collection was supposed to be from 2.00p.m -7.00p.m. I arrived at 1.50p.m. and to my surprise there was no one there. I saw a group of ladies chatting and I approached them. They also said they are waiting for the person–in-charge to arrive.

At 2.10p.m., we were asked to collect our T shirts first as the person-in-charge of the bibs had yet to arrive. People were complaining as we needed to go back to the office to work. I even wrote a comment on Facebook and Rinnie called someone from the organiser and they said that person on the way.

That person-in-charge arrived at 2.25p.m. and sorted out the bibs, not even apologising to those of us who came early and waited for her. How sad………

After giving her my particulars, as I was not given a bib number earlier (seems like priority was given to 12km runners), I had to approach the earlier lady again to get my bib number. After I raised my voice a bit, they decided to find my bib, I took it and left. How frustrating……………..

The day of the run

Rinnie and myself arrived early at 6.40am and were surprised that there were not many people who signed up for this run.  It was also drizzling but stopped just before the run.

The organiser flagged the 12 km runners early at 7.08am and the 6 km runners were flagged off at 7.30am sharp.


Photos before the run

It was a cooling run after the slight drizzle. Padang Merbok is known for its hilly runs and it was nice to see the big bungalow houses along our run. If you need the toilet, too bad, as portable toilets were not prepared by the organisers. There was only 1 water station, serving 100+ isotonic drink and mineral water in the middle of the 6 km route.  

Upon arrival, we were asked to collect our medals and were given a bun. The 1st 100 runners that arrived for the 12km run got an extra t-shirt. There were cash prizes and gifts to be won for the fastest runners of 12km category.






I rushed to the Milo truck to get my cold Milo drink. It was super refreshing! The best thing of all, I had 5 cups and there was no queue. There were also 100+ isotonic drinks available but I was not too keen on that.

See, no queue




After most of the runners arrived, they started the zumba session. It was not hard core zumba, only simple steps.


The start of zumba



Check out the pictures below:-







No comments:

Post a Comment