Friday 2 September 2016

Adidas Ultra Boost Women Running Shoes


As I started running late last year with my group, the Pole Ninjas, every run I will definitely encounter blisters on my feet, especially at my bunions. I was using the running shoes by New Balance, which I bought it during a sale in a sports shop in UK. 

From a newbie of 5km, I was daring enough to sign up for 10km and during the runs, my feet were hurting very badly and that itself had jeopardised my finishing time.

I decided that it was time to invest on a top of the range running shoes. I know it’s not going to be cheap as someone told me proper running shoes are very expensive. I know Lazada was selling them at the price of approximately RM250 per pair and in my view and after doing research on reviews, those who bought it said it was fake, although it came with proper shoe box.

I went to Pavilion and I tried out Nike, Puma and Adidas. Adidas was something that attracted me the most and the most expensive, top of the range shoes were RM650, the Ultra Boost.   

I tried it on and immediately you could tell the difference! It was easy to put on, soft, light and comfy. The sales guy came over and told me that you could get the Ultra Boost at a discounted price for RM450, which was the previous season and it only came in fluorescent Pink, Yellow and Orange. I tried it on and ran around the store and it was super good! The sales guy did mention that the only review he saw was customer complaining saying that not much grip when running on wet track. The RM650, normal price Ultra Boost (latest season) will have better grip.

I was not going to pay RM650, so I decided to “invest” in proper running shoes and chose orange colour but there were no more my size 4 and I had to settle for the pink. I felt yellow will turn dirty after a few runs. 



After I bought the shoes, I did the research on Malaysian Adidas website:

They're built with boost™ for incredible energy-returning cushioning beneath your feet. With a breathable adidas Primeknit upper for a flexible and supportive fit and a STRETCHWEB outsole for a smooth, neutral transition.
  • adidas Primeknit is carefully engineered to naturally expand with your foot while you run to give you a more comfortable fit and help reduce irritation
  • boost™'s energy-returning properties keep every step charged with an endless supply of light, fast energy
  • STRETCHWEB rubber outsole is lightweight and elastic, adapting to the ground for stability and working strategically to optimise the unique properties of boost™ from touchdown to push-off
  • TORSION® SYSTEM for midfoot integrity; heel counter for support and optimum heel hug”
For more info, please visit:-

My conclusion after using the Ultra Boost for several runs:-

  •         Bye- bye blisters and pain
  •         Never regretted paying RM450
  •         Super bright fluorescent colour
  •         Super comfy to the max
  •         Ran faster

No comments:

Post a Comment