Sunday 15 October 2017

Candy Walkathon



  • 15 October 2017
  • Main Place, USJ 21
  • Flagged off at 7.30am for 4 km walk
  • Price – RM45.00
  • Running Kit – T-shirt, vouchers, Yogood cereal bar and biscuits, sweets, tattoo and registration bib
  • Goodies – Rubber medal and banana

First time joining a walkathon. I thought that this walk was going to be fun with lots of activities for the kids, but I was wrong.

As Salaree and I arrived early for the walk, we hung around in the mall and took pictures with the giant candies at different stations. Thereafter, we went out for some air as there was no air-con in the mall as it was still too early.





While waiting to be flagged off, there were some warm-up exercises on stage. We were told that this walk is not a race and not to run. Just walk.






The organiser flagged us off on time. Everyone obeyed and nobody was running, all walking. As we were walking, my friend and I got very bored. We came to the 1st station and it was just giant candies for you to take pictures with.









2nd station, it was just platforms for the kids to play with, and I WAS WAITING….WHERE ARE THE REAL CANDIES? I want candies…..?







As we came to a junction, my friend said, no need to walk further and u-turn. Just turn and head to the finishing line. So, that’s what we did and went to the water station, serving only small bottles of mineral water. Then, my friend decided to stop in the 7-11 store to get some candies for the kids, otherwise they would be super disappointed.

We went to the finishing line, there were long queues for “Teh Tarik”, medal collection and McD orange juice.





Seriously, I would not want to join a walk or run in the future with this organiser. It looked so promising from their advertisement, but I did not expect to receive a rubber medal and no candies. Walking was also boring as there was nothing to see. It was a total disappointment to me.   

Cheap Rubber Medals


No comments:

Post a Comment