Wednesday 27 January 2016

Lunar New Year Run 2016 - 17 January 2016



  • 17 December 2016
  • Taman Botani Shah Alam
  • Flagged off at 7.00a.m. for 10 km and 7.15a.m. for 5 km
  • My category – 5km
  • Price – RM55.00 and handling fee of RM6.00
  • Race Pack – Yellow T-Shirt, registration tag
  • Goodies – Medal, certificate and Ang Pow packets upon finishing the run 
I left home at 5.30am and arrived at the parking lot of Taman Botani (entrance RM3.00) at 6.00am sharp and managed to find a nice parking spot in front of the entrance to the run.

My friend Fong Lee Wee was already there and we chatted while waiting for Virginie and Yeoh Sun Wei to arrive with my race pack. Both of them arrived at 7.00am by which time the car park  was already full, so they had to park their cars far away at the entrance of Taman Botani. 

We were flagged off at 7.15pm sharp and as always there was a human traffic jam at the beginning of the run. A lot of people decided to walk up the hill, while I decided to overtake them. Everyone got shocked when we came to an extremely steep hill and there was no way you could run up. I was just walking and even that caused pain in my calf muscles. When it came to a downhill, I decided to run again. I recall there was not only 1 steep hill, but in total there were 3 steep hills but the 1st steep hill was the killer. There was only 1 water station and the organiser served mineral water but there were  no portable toilets. However, there are public toilets at Taman Botani.

While running, there are nice greeneries and a small lake. When we arrived at the finishing point, we were given our medal and certificate. You can help yourself to a bottle of mineral water, banana and watermelon at the finishing tent.     

There were games and a lucky draw but I decided to leave as I need to go back and shower and teach ballet.

It was worth it for the money we paid and the organiser did a good job.  

Check out the pictures below:-








No comments:

Post a Comment