Wednesday 27 January 2016

ATV Adventure Park – 25 January 2016

When my friend, Virginie brought up the idea of All-Terrain Vehicle (ATV) adventure, straight away I said yes to her. ATV known as a quad, quad bike, three-wheeler, four-wheeler, or quadricycle is defined by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) as a vehicle that travels on low-pressure tires, with a seat that is straddled by the operator, along with handlebars for steering control. 

I started my journey from home to the ATV Adventure Park at 9.15am. The journey was smooth all the way at the MRR2 until the turn into the Zoo Negara junction.

I followed the GPS and I was going deeper and deeper into Kampung Kemensah, a place that I’ve never explored. When I saw the first signboard for ATV, I thought the GPS was leading me to the wrong place and I decided to turn and drove uphill to a place full of potholes. As I reached the ATV place, there weren’t any humans at all and it seemed I was the only customer. I felt something was not right and decided to park my car for a while and started “whatappings” my friends. Since my friends were also on their way and could not provide me with an answer, I decided to call the person stated on my itinerary. He said I went to the wrong place and I need to drive until the end of the road and will be able to see the yellow sign welcoming me to the ATV Adventure Park.

So, I drove downhill and followed the one way road up the hill. It was a dangerous drive as it was a single lane road with a steep downhill on your left and on certain corners you are unable to see the oncoming cars!!! One mistake and you could plunge into the ravine!!!

As I reached the ATV Adventure Park and met my friends, Anne, Rinnie and Virginie, they told me to park at the side of the uphill road.        


Entrance to the ATV Adventure Park

This is where we parked our cars
We climbed up the stairs to the reception and upon arrival, they checked our names and we were given the liability release forms to sign. 
Reception Area

Counter for registration

Liability Release Form

Graffiti for guests to take pictures
The place where they parked the ATVs





The 4 of us ready to rock and roll
We noticed that there are 3 ATV packages:-


When we booked through Gatvel, we didn’t know there were so many packages. We were only given 1 choice, so we booked it. Thanks to Virginie and her company that gave a voucher of RM150.00 (instead of paying the full price of RM200.00 for 2 people), Anne and me only paid RM25.00 each for this adventure.

We were given briefing as to how to operate the ATV, given a helmet and practiced 4 rounds around the area, under the guides’ supervision. Please take note, no safety belts AT ALL. It was not complicated operating the ATV; i.e. accelerate all the way when you go uphill and release the break gradually when going downhill. Our guide, Kamal said we were ready and off we go exploring the jungle.

When we saw the steep hill, it was pretty scary. We were asked to ride the ATV uphill one by one to avoid any one of us sliding down. The guide went up first and led us up; Virginie, Anne, Rinnie and myself. We managed to do it.



Then, we came to another steep hill. This time, Virginie successfully went uphill, Anne was struggling and slid down to Rinnie and Rinnie could not control the ATV, slid and knocked my ATV. Rinnie and my ATVs got stuck! The guide together with a passerby came and help us. It took them about 15 minutes to remove 2 kissing ATVs and Rinnie’s ATV’s back was broken due to the collision.         

The whole journey was a bumpy ride. Although it was a hot sunny day, the trees and bamboos gave us some shade. There are some people that went in to the jungle hiking and tying the bamboos that obstructed the ATV trails.














As we reached the mini waterfall, we took a short break for water and photo sessions. Our guide was very helpful in taking pictures for us.













After about 30 minutes break, we decided to head back and Anne was unable to start the engine of her ATV so the guide had to fix her ATV. We used a different route to go back and I must say, it was a shorter route compared to when we entered the jungle. We had to go downhill to our starting point of the ATV adventure and that itself was pretty scary and dangerous. 

At the reception area, there are toilets and shower room, a so-called swimming pool (if you dare to go in) and a tree house for guests to relax with nature and the beauty and tranquillity of the jungle.

Clean toilets
The so-called swimming pool
Tree house cum Surau
Shower rooms
Overall, it was a fun, exciting and thrilling adventure that we will definitely return for more. 


Group photo with our guide Kamal


Just me and Owen Wilson




2 comments:

  1. The thought of my ATV sliding down and hit u gals, just too horrifying. Virginie had to hop off from her ATV, to help me steer back up... Oh WAT FUN!!! - Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaahaha. Thank you for your comment Anne. All of us were scared but now we can laughed about it. More exciting and thrilling adventures coming soon yeah.

      Delete