Tuesday 14 March 2017

Gin Ger Thai Cuisine - 14 March 2017



I used to come to this restaurant quite often and I think the last time I was here, it was way back in 2011. As it was near to my office and we all liked the food there, my colleagues and I decided to bring our Boss here to celebrate his birthday.




 We ordered:-

Our appetizer, potato crisps with sauce 

Clear Seafood Tom Yam RM12.00 per bowl. The sweet and sour soup with slices of fish, small prawns, squids, chicken meat, oyster mushroom, tomatoes and mint. 

Spicy Green Mango Salad (medium) RM23.00. A mixture of sliced mango, onion, “cili padi” and red chilies with lime juice. Its crispy sliced mango is good but it was sad that there were no longer peanuts topped onto the salad. I remember clearly there used to be peanuts which added to its crunchiness. If you can’t take spicy, try to avoid the “cili padi”.

Crispy Butter Fish Fillet (medium) RM44.00. The fish fillet was battered and crispy with a butter mix. The fish fillet somehow was not to my liking as it tasted ordinary and in my view, crispy butter would be better on battered prawns!

Green Curry Chicken (medium) RM33.00. Normally green curry is supposed to be spicy but for this dish, it was not spicy at all. It’s creamy and you can drink the curry on its own. In my view, this dish is cooked specially for the tourists, who are unable to take spicy curry and prefer chicken with no bones, as the chicken meat was sliced.

Pucuk Paku Thai Syle (small) RM14.00. This used to be my favourite dish. Pucuk paku is supposed to be crunchy. However, the pucuk paku was soft. Also, you may think that it is cooked in a Thai style, but this dish is also not spicy and has a slightly sweet taste.

Stir Fried Asparagus with Prawn (small) RM32.00. Normal stir fried with garlic.

Claypot Bean Curd with Minced Chicken RM27.00. Non-spicy dish. A good dish for the kids. 

Pattaya Omelette (medium) RM27.00. When this dish arrived, I could see that it was slightly watery at the bottom of the omelette. There was chicken meat, mushroom, tomatoes and chili. Not really a spicy dish.  

Water Chestnut RM9.00. Shaved ice with red chestnut and sliced jackfruit, topped with milk and red sugar syrup. I always save this dessert for my tummy and I do highly recommend it.

Cendol Gula Melaka RM8.00. Adding in the gula Melaka and milk to the shaved ice, red kidney bean and long green jelly.

Our feast

Me, my boss and colleagues

This restaurant is always packed during lunch time and the service can be slow sometimes. We always call the restaurant and book our dishes a day or a few hours in advance to enable the chef to prepare. Once you have pre-booked your dishes, this will save you a lot of time.

The details of the restaurant:

Gin Ger Thai Cuisine Restaurant  
Lot M-12, Central Market
Jalan Hang Kasturi
50050 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: 03-2273 7371
Email: ginger.m12@gmail.com
Opens daily from 10am to 10pm



No comments:

Post a Comment