Sunday 8 January 2017

Lunar New Year Run 2017


  • 8 January 2017
  • Urban Park Setia Alam, Shah Alam
  • Flagged off at 7.00a.m. for 10 km and 7.15a.m. for 5 km
  • My category – 10 km
  • Price – RM55.00 and handling fee of RM6.00
  • Race Pack – Red T-Shirt, registration bib, Chinese calendar, Ang Pow packets, Bio-Essence 24K Bio-Gold gel that helps defy premature aging
  • Goodies – Medal, Ang Pow packets, bread roll upon finishing the run. Also, to pick up your Lucozade Isotonic Orange drink

We left home at 5.50a.m. and arrived at the venue at 6.20a.m.

We were flagged off at 7.00a.m. sharp.  We passed by all the new housing areas and shopping lots. Most of the shopping lots were either for rent or for sale. It was a very nice area to run, although we thought that it was going to be in a park!

It was a very smooth run, with just an average slope, other than that, it was flat all the way through.
There were 3 water stations at 2.5km, 5km and 7.5km serving mineral water and Lucozade Isotonic orange drink. I took the isotonic drink and it was super refreshing. There were no portable toilets during the run and they were only provided at the starting line.

Steve running towards the finishing line and I'm still far far away......Managed to capture his picture from the opposite side of the road. 

When we arrived at the finishing point, we were given our medal and bun and picked up a bottle of the Lucozade isotonic orange drink at a different counter.

We were given these goodies upon arrival

There was a lucky draw but we decided to leave as I needed to go back and shower and teach ballet.

This was my 2nd run with them and I'd say it’s worth it and the organiser has again done a good job. I’m collecting the different animal sign medals from them now. If compare to last year, I preferred the monkey medal than the rooster medal.


Check out the pictures below:-

Managed to catch a picture of the mascot, the rooster

Wah, all so "ang ang" red red

My cousin Mary and Sun Wei for 5km. Myself and Steve for 10km

Just me and cousin Mary

Steve and I

Mary's hand with the sticker logo tattoo

Our medals

Just love the red packets


No comments:

Post a Comment